Monday, April 16, 2012

Pretty & Polished

I had no idea there was such a huge network of nail polish lovers out in the world - at least not until I became one. I was a little overwhelmed at first but then so excited to see all of the ideas and creations. One of my most recent discoveries is indie brands. I first encountered them with Lynnderella polish. These amazing glitter polishes that come with a high price tag and now are almost impossible to get your hands on. (I joined the party late so I'm not sure of the story behind Lynn closing up shop.) Through Lynderella I discovered Leah Ann who has a wonderful shop full of nail polish gems. Once I discovered Llarowe on Facebook, my eyes were opened to a huge community.

Facebook is where I found Chelsea of Pretty & Polished. Pretty & Polished was my first indie purchase. And I could not be happier. I have a long wish list for Chelsea's shop but fortunately, she is very popular and her polishes go very fast once she opens the shop. I say this is fortunate because it allowed me to pace myself, which I, and my wallet, appreciate. Last week (just a mere 4 days after ordering) my shipment arrived.

I picked up Valentino, Chelsea Chelsea Bling Bling, and Hello Dolly. Aren't they just perfection in a bottle?

I immediately stripped off my current polish and got to work with Valentino. (This is the one I was most excited about - who doesn't love a black and white glitter?) I wanted it to pop (and I have a penchant for red, black and white - Go Dawgs!) so I chose Essie Long Stemmed Roses as the underwear.


I was even more excited by the outcome on my nails. This is one coat of Valentino over two coats of Long Stemmed Roses, topped with Essie To Dry For top coat. The polish is smooth with a good consistency and great coverage. I did shake the glitter quite a bit before applying because it looked as though the larger glitter had settled on the bottom. I was able to paint the nail as normal - no dabbing, stabbing, or swishing glitter around. It came off the brush just as you see it.


I love the variations in glitter size leaving the nails looking like a splatter effect. I can't wait to try the others and for her shop to open again on Saturday. I have no shame when it comes to stalking Etsy shops :)

If you're new to the nail polish world or if you're looking for ideas, there are some great women out there sharing their gifts and their love of polish. Here are a few blogs I love:
Christina - Let Them Have Polish
Crystal - Crystal's Crazy Combos
Jen - The Polishaholic
Traci - The Trace Face Philes

No comments:

Post a Comment